By Thirteen for Halloween on Oct 6, 2008 | In Party Games
Mosaic is a simple, fun word / story crafting game that is wonderful for Halloween.
You will need:
- A big sheet of paper, chalkboard or other surface that all your guests can see.
- A piece of paper or notebook for each guest.
- Pens or pencils.
- Have each guest contribute a Halloween word or short phrase (2-3 words) and write them on the board for all to see (don’t give away what they are going to be doing with these words yet).
- Give each guest paper and pen and ask them to write a story using as many of these words as they can.
- Time them, giving them 20-40 seconds per word on the board (give them a one minute warning before time is up).
- When the time is done, have each person read their story aloud and count up the words they used.
- Optional: Grant favors to the guests who successfully incorporated the most words.
Like word and story games?
Here are some more appropriate games for Halloween Parties on ThirteenforHalloween.com:
- 9 Square Monster Search This is a simple puzzle game that uses words of 9 letters. The letters from the word are arranged in a square of 9 boxes in word order, but not starting in the first square. You can enjoy these puzzles on your own, or use them in a party game.
- Audacious Halloween Dictionary Lewis Carroll, author of the "Alice" series, was know for making up words to include in his poems and books. You too can be audacious and make your own Halloween dictionary.
- Buried Words : Halloween Party Word Game This is a great game I recently found : Buried Words. Here is my Halloween variation.
- Halloween Story Contest Hold your own Halloween Story contest. It is easy to do and can be a great addition to your party or other Halloween event. If you have out-of-state family members you know will be absent from the party, this is great activity to include them in on the fun.
- Halloween Word Scramble A simple game using Halloween words
- Halloween Story Write This is a really fun activity for a party of any age group. We’ve done this with a wide range of ages in our own family. All but the very youngest have been able to participate.
- Witches Brew This is a variation on the classic add-on to a list game.
- Exquisite Corpse Party Game A fun, collaborative, non-competitive game with three ways to play: sentances, drawings & stories.
No feedback yet
|« Halloween Hangman||Printable Jackolantern Pumpkin Cards (Suit #2) : for Memory, Old Maid, and other Card Games »|