This is the first of a four suit set of cards I am creating on a Halloween theme to make a complete deck of cards suitable for any type of card game. By themselves they are ready to be used in games like ‘Memory’ or ‘Old Maid’, etc. - you’ll just need to print 2 sets of these cards. You can just print these on regular paper, of course, but what’s the fun in that? I suggest:
- Find some really fun Halloween scrapbook paper (with a regular pattern on it) and print these cards on to the white (undecorated) side of the paper.
- Cut the cards out and then laminate them. After laminating, trim the plastic to a 1/4 inch on all sides.
About the Artwork
- Based on actual gravestones. Some liberties were taken, but every tombstone in this set was inspired by a photo of an actual gravestone from early American and English graveyards.
- This artwork was created for the music video, "Welcome" said the Spider. You can learn more about the music here: Thirteen for Halloween.
- Look for all the interesting symbols that were used in ancient grave markers. For example, the skeleton in card #1 holds the hourglass and the arrow, symbols of time and mortality.
- The artwork was created with scratchboard and watercolors.
No feedback yet
|« Printable Jackolantern Pumpkin Cards (Suit #2) : for Memory, Old Maid, and other Card Games||Book Psychic - Halloween Party Game / Magic Trick »|