By Thirteen for Halloween on Aug 22, 2008 | In Dinners
The Green Brain
a Taylor family recipe | makes 1 (very delicious) medium brain
- 1 small package Lime Green Jell-O Brand Gelatin
- 1 C boiling Water
- 1/2 C Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 C Miracle Whip (or Mayo)
- 1/2 C Evaporated Milk
- 1 C well-drained Crushed Pineapple
- Brain Mold (Oriental Trading or party store)
- Dark Green Lettuce Leaves on Platter
- In a small bowl combine gelatin and boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let cool until liquid becomes syrupy.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixed uniformly.
- Spray Brain Mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into the mold. It is all right if it doesn’t fill it entirely, but for a larger brain you may double the recipe and pour leftover gelatin mixture into hand molds (also available from Oriental Trading).
- Refrigerate until firmly set.
- Float mold in hot water for a few seconds.
- Carefully turn mold out onto platter of lettuce leaves.
- This goes well with almost any spooky dinner or party spread.
- Maintain “The Green Brain” effect longer: slice and serve with a pie server instead of a spoon.
- Play fun halloween music while you eat.
No feedback yet
|« Red Eyes are Watching : a Halloween Appetizer||Red Hot Cauldron Cakes : a Halloween (or Harry Potter) party recipe »|