By Thirteen for Halloween on Aug 28, 2008 | In Art & Craft Projects
Make a skeletal portrait of you and your love eternal, personalized with your own thumbprints.
- Paint two wooden skeleton figures (available at craft stores) completely with white acrylic paint and let dry.
- Dip your thumbs or index fingers (depending on the size of the skeletons) in black acrylic paint and blot once or twice on a newspaper before pressing firmly down where the skeleton eye sockets should be.
- Using a brush, outline the fingerprints with black paint.
- Brush on nose, mouth and other accents.
- Use grey acrylic paint and the dry-brush technique to add contours and shadows to the skeleton’s figures.
- Using white embroidery floss or string, tie your skeletons together in a friendly pose.
- Hang from a hook using the floss or some twine.
- If desired, paint a small sign for your skeletons to hold and glue to the skeletons, placing the hands as if holding the sign. “Love is forever.”
No feedback yet
|« Pumpkin & Bat Garland||Homemade Halloween "Trick or Treat" Bag »|