By Thirteen for Halloween on Aug 28, 2008 | In Art & Craft Projects
Yes, your placemats match every other day of the year, but on Halloween? Never! Colorful placemats on a dark tablecloth really add a bit of dazzle to the holiday food spread (Halloween food is all about presentation), and these placemats are about as simple to make as a sewing project can get.
For each placemat you will need:
- 1/2 yard cotton Halloween print
- 1/4 yard medium weight interfacing
- black thread
- Fold fabric in half with interfacing between the layers and cut your placemat in the size and shape you desire (by no means are the rectangles I chose the only possibility; try ovals, irregular shapes, pumpkin shapes, ghosts, etc.).
- Place fabric with right sides (printed sides) together and place interfacing on top of this.
- Sew around the edges, leaving a 1-2” hole.
- Turn the project inside out and iron flat, making sure the fabric at the hole is folded inside.
- Topstitch around all the edges with a zig-zag stitch.
That’s it! Make a bunch of different placemats, no two the same.
No feedback yet
|« Halloween Characters from Found Obects||Shrunken Apple Heads : Halloween Decoration »|