By Thirteen for Halloween on Aug 28, 2008 | In Art & Craft Projects
This Halloween Spider Web placemat looks fantastic, glows in the dark, is simple to make, fun for your kids and spill-proof! This will really spice up your Halloween table setting.
- Cut two 16-inch circles from a piece of medium weight decorator plastic (usually found at fabric stores for use as a table covering).
- Using a large brush, smear glow-in-the-dark fabric paint in a swirling pattern on one of the plastic circles.
- Now draw a spider web design on this circle with glitter fabric paint.
- Sprinkle holographic or other Halloween confetti over the paint.
- Cut a spider shape out of a piece of dark cardstock and place on the web.
- Paint two eyes on the spider with yellow acrylic paint (or glitter fabric paint).
- Let project dry overnight (or longer if still wet).
- Place second plastic circle over the first and sew together using a zig-zag stitch. Go around the placemat twice.
No feedback yet
|« Dead, White Halloween Tree with Skeleton Ornaments||Duct Tape Monsters : Halloween Props »|